Aim for the Sky in the Mile High – Give Generously in Denver!
AASV Foundation Live & Silent Fundraising Auctions
Monday, February 27, 2017
AASV 2017 Annual Meeting
What better place than Denver to support the AASV Foundation? Denver's beginnings were all about gold. In 1858, a small group of prospectors from Georgia discovered gold at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The gold rush that followed brought both prospectors and speculators to the area, and "Denver City" was born. After the Civil War, the discovery of silver brought a second onslaught of fortune seekers. With that history in mind, bring your own sacks of gold and silver to Denver and support the AASV Foundation! The AASV Foundation Auction Committee invites you to relax and enjoy the mountain scenery and vibrant way of life so evident in the Mile High City. Please be generous investing in the future of the AASV. Our success depends on you, the membership. We are confident of our endeavor and the commitment of AASV members.
Check out the many items up for bid, register for your bidding number, and start bidding today at the AASV Foundation's ClickBid site: https://AASVF.cbo.io. All items have been donated, so the full amount of your bid will benefit the AASV Foundation!
The AASV Foundation is committed to ensuring the future of the swine veterinary profession. Proceeds from the auction enable funding for AASV Foundation programs, including:
- Administering endowments for the Howard Dunne and Alex Hogg Memorial Lectures
- Administering the Hogg Scholarship for a swine veterinarian pursuing an MS or PhD
- Administering funding for Veterinary Student Scholarships
- Providing scholarships for veterinarians seeking board certification in the American College of Animal Welfare
- Co-sponsoring travel stipends for veterinary students attending the AASV Annual Meeting
- Providing swine externship grants to veterinary students
- Funding swine research with direct application to the profession
- Providing support for Heritage Videos
- Providing tuition support for out-of-state veterinary students to attend the Swine Medicine Education Center
AASV Foundation Auction Committee
Butch Baker, chair
Peggy Anne Hawkins
Sarah Probst Miller