Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Website, register on the Website, place an order, subscribe to services, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Website related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
AASV may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website.
- To improve our Website: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. (Credit card information is sent by the User directly to our payment processor which returns only the last few digits of your card number back to the AASV.)
- To share your information with third parties: We may share or sell information with third parties for marketing or other purposes.
- To run Website features such as a promotion, contest, or survey
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails such as the weekly AASV e-Letter
- To allow you to participate in email discussion lists and any similar opportunity offered by the Website.
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing lists, for example, by becoming a member of the AASV, they will receive emails that may include association news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving certain types of messages, they may do so by modifying their email preferences located in the Members Preferences section of our Website. Users may also add their email addresse to a permanent unsubscribe list which will immediately block new email except in response to a User’s request.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Website.
All data exchange between the Website and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the Websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these Websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by Websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these Websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These Websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other Website, including Websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that Website's own terms and policies.
Ads appearing on our Website and in email are delivered by the AASV and do not include any individual tracking “cookies.” We do record anonymous aggregate information to measure the delivery of advertising.
Compliance with children's online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
830 26th Street Perry, IA 50220
This document was last updated on February 20, 2015