Animal Science Research Webinar Series
August 8, 2018 —
The Pork Checkoff's annual Animal Science Research Webinar Series, which kicked off Aug. 7, focuses on sow health and gilt management which are key components of increasing Sow Lifetime Productivity. The webinars will offer insights and strategies to increase the length of time sows stay in the herd and the number of pigs they wean during their lifetime. Results from several Checkoff-funded projects will be presented by leading researchers in this area. The webinars will be offered at noon (Central). They are free but require registration. Go to https://www.pork.org/blog/august-2018-animal-science-webinar-series/ to do so.
- Aug 14: How does body composition affect productivity - Dr. Clay Lents, U.S. Meat Animal Research Center, USDA
- Aug 21: Gilt development and pre-breeding management - Dr. George Foxcroft, University of Alberta
- Aug 28: Drivers of sow pelvic organ prolapse - Dr. Jason Ross, Iowa State University
Recordings of the webinars will be posted on the Pork Checkoff website shortly after the conclusion of the webinar.
- Next story: Passion for Pigs Seminar & Trade Show December 4 [Conf.]
- Next in category: Researchers Focused on Infectious Respiratory Disease in Pigs May Apply for Boehringer Ingelheim Research Awards [Research]
- Previous in category: USDA is Requesting Proposals for Research on Banked Swine Sera from Previous NAHMS Studies [Research]
- Previous story: Registration Open for Leman Swine Conference [Conf.]