Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian
November 27, 2018 — Tyson Foods
Tyson Foods Inc, the world's largest protein producer and the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500, is looking for a Veterinarian to join our Pork Group Technical Services team. This position is primarily responsible for direct interaction with company producers and the verification of swine herd health ensuring adherence to standard operating guidelines and production practices. The Veterinarian will handle health-related farm issues and will communicate these issues to the appropriate department heads.
- working with farm personnel to assess health issues and coordinating with the Technical Services department to develop strategies that address those issues;
- collaboratively developing improved processes around production management, health management, genetic improvement, and bio security
- conducting farm assessments and evaluations and assisting in training company personnel on proper animal husbandry practices.
It is preferred that the successful candidate live in central Oklahoma near the Holdenville, Oklahoma area.
Please direct questions or inquiries to Dr. Kevin Eggers, Veterinarian II at Kevin.Eggers@tyson.com.
- Education: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and requires licensure or willingness to obtain licensure in Arkansas Oklahoma and potentially other states.
- Experience: Three years plus related experience (time in veterinary college counts towards experience).
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) required.
- Communication Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills. Travel: 24 or more domestic trips per year.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have direct reports.
- Special Skills: A thorough understanding of diseases and disorders detrimental to the welfare of swine.
Go to http://www.tysonfoodscareers.com. Click the "Search for Careers" button under the "Professional" Category, click the link to "search openings," and enter the keyword "Veterinarian" to access and apply for Job ID# 61333BR.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Next story: Position Announcement: Director of Veterinary Services [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Herd Veterinarian [Jobs]
- Previous story: Ode to the Auction [AASV]