November 7, 2018 — Harry Snelson
Dr. Paul Armbrecht's father recently celebrated his 99th birthday in his normal fashion - by soundly beating Paul at cribbage! Repeatedly. In the process, he also attempted to bestow some hard-learned words of wisdom which Paul kindly agreed to share with me (and now all of you). Following are some pearls gleaned over nearly a century of life. Paul, if I had to guess, the results of the centennial cribbage match are already sealed.
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
- Words that soak into your ears are whispered......not yelled!!
- Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway!!
- Don't judge people by their relatives.
- The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'!!
- Next story: Veterinary Students: Apply for AASV Board Position; Due November 15 [AASV]
- Next in category: Welcome Dr. Abbey Canon [OP-ED]
- Previous in category: Doc Tales – Labor Day Edition [OP-ED]
- Previous story: Join Passion for Pigs in Columbia, Missouri on December 4 [Conf.]