AVMA Videos Address Questions about Suicide
September 30, 2019 — AASV Staff
September is Suicide Prevention Month. We can all help prevent suicide. AVMA has produced three short videos that address this important topic.
- What should you do if someone tells you they're thinking about suicide?
- What is the correct terminology for talking about suicide and does it matter?
- What does suicide contagion mean and what can be done to prevent it?
Read more at AVMA.
Suicide hotlines in North America:
[USA] National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-TALK(8255) or http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
[CAN] Crisis Services Canada: 1.833.456.4566; Québec: 1.866.277.3553
[MEX] 525-510-2550; SAPTEL: (55) 5259-8121
- Next story: ISU Student Chapter Offers AASV Apparel for Purchase [AASV]
- Next in category: Zoonoses Prevention Resources and Educational Materials [Hum.H.]
- Previous in category: 9 Suicide Warning Signs To Take Seriously [Hum.H.]
- Previous story: CLSI Reference Book Available: VET09 Understanding Susceptibility Test Data as a Component of Antimicrobial Stewardship in Veterinary Settings, 1st Edition [Pharm.]