AASV Fall Board and Committee Leaders Meeting Highlights
October 22, 2019 — Abbey Canon
The Board of Directors of the American Association of Swine Veterinarians met in West Des Moines, Iowa on October 2, 2019.
- The Board accepted Dr. Brent Pepin and Dr. Mike Senn as nominees for AASV Vice-President. Ballots will be mailed in January.
- Newly revised committee guidelines can be found on the AASV Committee webpage.
- Watch for a new feature in the e-Letter, "Get to Know your AASV Leadership," to introduce you to district directors and officers.
- It is important for AASV members to also hold AVMA membership to ensure that AASV continues to qualify for voting representation as an allied veterinary organization in the AVMA House of Delegates.
- AASV will conduct a salary survey in 2020.
- The AASV membership directory will no longer be printed but will remain up to date on the AASV website.
- The Committee on Transboundary and Emerging Diseases has a new Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae herd classification document.
- The PRRS Task Force revised the PRRS herd classification document, which will be posted online at a later date.
- The Board established an Early Career Committee to strengthen the value of AASV membership for early career swine veterinarians, assess the needs of early career veterinarians, identify resources needed by those veterinarians, guide AASV leadership and staff in developing resources, and develop future AASV leaders. (Interested in joining? Contact Dr. Abbey Canon.)
- The Board approved an increase in membership dues from $235 to $255 in 2020.
- Program Planning Chair Dr. Jeff Harker announced the 2020 annual meeting will be held in Atlanta, Georgia and feature Dr. Betsy Charles as a motivational speaker.
- The Student Recruitment Committee developed PowerPoint slides describing the benefits of student AASV membership. These slides can be found on the Student Recruitment Committee page and used in conjunction with any presentation.
Read the complete minutes of the Board meeting online.
- Next story: Pork Industry Meets with CBP to Discuss FAD Prevention Efforts [FAD]
- Next in category: AASV 2020 Annual Meeting Offers "Vision for the Future" - Conference Program Now Online [AASV]
- Previous in category: Opportunity for Service: AASV District Director [AASV]
- Previous story: Opportunity for Service: AASV District Director [AASV]