Position Announcement: Swine Technical Services Veterinarian
November 12, 2019 — Pharmgate Animal Health
We're looking for a full-time, home-based Technical Services Veterinarian who will be responsible for launching and supporting our innovative therapeutic product lines in the USA and internationally. This position will provide strong support to sales through professional level technical development of training to both internal and external customers. The right person for this role will be excited to hone their business acumen as they learn Pharmgate Animal Health's robust product lines, practices and animal health economical, common sense remedies to bring to the market.
- Support sales through professional level technical support to swine veterinarians, producers and distributors.
- Establish professional relationships with key opinion leaders in the industry, government and academic circles.
- Design, monitor and report on field trials and collaborate with academic or research trial cooperators.
- Provide technical input for the development of training, marketing, and sales materials.
- Provide technical support for sales representatives, marketing personnel, and fellow technical team members.
- Investigate and report on disease breaks and product complaints through problem resolution strategies, which might include farm visits and diagnostic investigations.
- Prepare and submit abstracts of field trials for oral or poster presentation at veterinary conferences.
This is a home-based position; this veterinarian will travel up to 25% of the time to support and maintain accounts.
- A veterinary degree with 3-5 years veterinary practice, industry or production system experience in swine.
- Ability to utilize excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively educate internal and external customers.
- Proven working knowledge of research procedures and statistical analysis.
- Proven working knowledge of swine medicine.
- Good understanding of disease pathogenesis and laboratory clinical assays.
- Time management skills in a multiple project environment.
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to operate a vehicle.
At Pharmgate, we seek to serve our clients with approachability and a level of respect, so we look for employees who aspire to do the same. We pride ourselves on being hardworking and are willing to roll up our sleeves next to the herd veterinarians and producers with whom we do business. We want our employees to integrate with our clients to be part of a greater community of animal health professionals that ensure the world has a safe , healthy, and high-quality supply of food.
Why You Should Apply
Our employees enjoy working for Pharmgate. Below are a few examples of what they have to say.
"Pharmgate is a fast-growing company and it has been exciting to be a part of its growth. They are employee-centric and there is a friendly/flexible company culture." - Valerie Boelter, Supply Chain Manager in St. Paul, MN
"Pharmgate is an intimate company that puts quality first. The company is continuously investing in facility improvements and employees to provide a quality product to our customers." - Laura Olson, Quality Control Manager in Omaha, NE
"At Pharmgate I feel I am appreciated and allowed to take initiative to get things accomplished" - Juan David Rivera, Purchasing & Business Development in Wilmington, NC
- Next story: Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian (Vet I) [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Swine Medicine Education Center Post-DVM Fellowship [Jobs]
- Previous story: Position Announcement: Swine Medicine Education Center Post-DVM Fellowship [Jobs]