Position Announcement: Regional Field Veterinarian
November 12, 2019 — Country View Family Farms
Country View Family Farms is hiring three Regional Field Veterinarians for operations in Indiana, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. In this role, you will be responsible for the on-farm veterinary support for a 65,000 sow system farrow-to-finish. Enjoy our progressive operations including electronic sow feeding (ESF), top-notch biosecurity practices, open pen gestation, along with half our herd being antibiotic free. You will report to the Animal Health and Welfare Manager and will be a vital component of our daily operations, managing and providing oversight of the herd health program.
Welcome to Country View Family Farms! We're a progressive family owned company with deep roots in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Headquartered in Pennsylvania, we have operations in Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Michigan. Known for being industry leaders in our practices and animal care, we live by our core values of ethics, integrity and stewardship.
"Be Me Be Clemens"
Country View Family Farms is a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group. Come grow with us as we continue to vastly expand our swine operations. Join a team of individuals passionate about agriculture.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus system based on performance, along with a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, prescription coverage, short-term disability, life insurance as well as paid time off and educational assistance. In addition, we offer a generous Sharing Plan, which includes a 401k with company match, and profit sharing.
This Role is for You if:
- You have a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent with the ability to attain veterinary licenses in the states of business.
- You have the ability to: set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances.
- You have the ability to: analyze all aspects of a situation to gain thorough insight to make decisions; identify and evaluate resources; apply problem solving abilities; be objective and fairly evaluate the different aspects of a situation.
- You are able to establish a process for activities that lead to the implementation of systems, procedures or outcomes.
- You are available for overnight travel 1 week a month.
- You have skills to maneuver and utilize the functions of Microsoft Access, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- You are multi-task oriented and a team player.
- You understand that the Company is a producer of high quality pork and be supportive of the mission of raising swine for meat
- You are committed to meeting and exceeding industry standards in care and welfare of our animals.
What You Would Be Doing:
- Establishes and monitors compliance to disease surveillance programs
- Investigates health challenges
- Provide regulatory documentation
- Review and approve animal health and care SOPs
- Provide hands-on training to CVFF production team on health and welfare programs
- Write and send veterinarian Summary report to CVFF
- Manage and maintain pharmaceutical company relationships
- Perform monthly on farm health evaluations for multiplication flows
- Issue veterinarian feed directives
- Review and interpret diagnostic lab reports
- Budget and forecast medications, vaccinations, animal welfare and veterinarian services quarterly
- Manage and give oversight to herd vaccination program
- Maintain PQA records and expiration dates and conduct PQA trainings
- Participate and represent CFG in industry animal care groups
Go to https://clemensfoodgroup.com/careers and search for "Veterinarian" to apply for the position of interest.
- Next story: Macroepidemiological Aspects of Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus Detection by Major United States Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories over Time, Age Group, and Specimen [Abs.]
- Next in category: Position Announcement: Associate Swine Veterinarian [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Director of Swine Health Services (Vet II) [Jobs]
- Previous story: Position Announcement: Director of Swine Health Services (Vet II) [Jobs]