Position Announcement: Technical Services Veterinarian - Swine
December 10, 2019 — Huvepharma, Inc
Huvepharma, Inc. is a fast-growing global pharmaceutical company with a focus on developing, manufacturing and marketing animal health products such as enzymes for food, feed additives and vaccines for the poultry, cattle and swine industries. Huvepharma is currently looking for a Swine Technical Service Veterinarian to be responsible for the application of technical expertise and industry knowledge to create value for our customers.
- Serve the business unit by providing technical service (including, but not limited to troubleshooting, preventative medicine, general herd health consultation, education) to customers and potential customers.
- Build relationships by understanding customer technical and business concerns, managing customer expectations, acting as a liaison between customers and account managers, and reporting customer feedback to Huvepharma.
- Design and implement technical trials, programs, and technical service bulletins to support marketing of products.
- Ensure publication of research trials in peer reviewed journals and or at scientific meetings.
- Prepare and deliver technical lectures on our product line.
- Represent Huvepharma at swine organizational meetings (AASV, IPVS, Al Leman conference, World Pork Expo, regional veterinary meetings, etc.) by working in conjunction with sales and marketing staff as well as giving oral and/or poster presentations.
- Develop and deliver technical training to account managers during internal meetings and in the field.
- Prepare concisely written reports for customers and or coworkers.
- Maintain relationships between Huvepharma and industry key opinion leaders.
- Provide new approaches to old products and established customers
- Work with regulatory personnel to gain product approvals
- Participate in the collection of information and filing of FDA paperwork pertaining to any pharmacovigilance issues.
- Develop new ideas and target customers appropriately.
- Work with key account teams to develop and implement strategy for key customers.
- Build and maintain relationships between Huvepharma and universities with swine health related study.
- Participate in Key Account Teams to develop and implement strategies that maximize account growth
- Document and record customer/prospect interactions into applicable database.
- Provide strategic information/direction on potential new products and markets.
- DVM degree from an accredited University and current license in at least one state
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience practicing swine health for a production company or in a similar technical service role
- Excellent presentation skills including development and delivery of oral lectures
- Ability to work effectively with our customers and our sales force
- Ability to set and meet achievable goals and deadlines
- Ability to think broadly, with an open mindset, and inclusive to ideas from others
- Good listener
- Sets high aspirations and expectations
- Good knowledge of market conditions of the swine industry
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates the ability to be creative and provide innovative technical and growth opportunities for the business unit
- Communication and Cooperation: Strong communication and cooperation skills. Ability to engage in effective brainstorming and project work.
- Experience and knowledge providing technical support of vaccines and antibiotics
- Be available and approachable
- Ability and willingness to travel 65% of the time
Please send resumes to the attention of Michelle Peppers at email@example.com
- Next story: People on the Move: Dr. Brent Sexton [AASV]
- Next in category: Position Announcement: Tenure-track Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Veterinary Epidemiology [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Associate Director Technical Services [Jobs]
- Previous story: AASV Awards Nominations Due December 15 [AASV]