Position Announcement: Associate Swine Veterinarian
December 24, 2019 — Pipestone Veterinary Services
Pipestone Veterinary Services of Orange City, Iowa, seeks an Associate Swine Veterinarian to provide outstanding veterinary care and service to the patients and clients of Pipestone Veterinary Services. The Associate Veterinarian performs under the guidance and supervision of the Managing Veterinarian of Pipestone Veterinary Services of Pipestone.
PIPESTONE is a global leader in the swine production industry serving family farmers primarily in the Midwest. We serve the family farm by offering veterinary expertise, transportation, animal health supplies, nutrition, financial information, and Pipestone System sow farm production and employment management. PIPESTONE is proud to assist producers in all aspects of swine production including site management, bio-security protocols, and the numerous efficiencies that makes pig production possible for the family farmer.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain trusted and effective client relationships.
- Generate an accurate diagnosis through taking a good oral history, effectively performing a thorough physical examination, conducting appropriate diagnostic tests, and use of other necessary tools.
- Determine and communicate most effective treatment options and work with client to arrive at the best treatment plan.
- Execute treatment plans and monitor patient(herd) progress/outcomes.
- Develop and promote proactive health programs, including biosecurity protocols, vaccination plans, and parasite control programs.
- Understand livestock production practices and use to actively promote animal health, animal well-being, and food safety.
- Encourage positive culture with clients and employees in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism while pushing towards the best results possible.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the healthcare team that will positively influence the level of care and service provided to the clients and patients of Pipestone Veterinary Services.
- Possess a broad base of knowledge and skills requisite for the practice of veterinary medicine.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Demonstrate a scientific approach that is accompanied by ethical and professional attitudes, behaviors and moral principles that are consistent with Pipestone core values
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures to ensure profitability and high quality care for our clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets.
Education: Must possess a DVM degree.
Experience: Prior experience in veterinary field preferred, but not required.
Position will include a small amount of mixed-animal work.
- Next story: Applications for AASVF-Merck Scholarships Due December 31 [AASV]
- Next in category: Position Announcement: Tenure-track Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Veterinary Epidemiology [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Tenure-track Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Veterinary Epidemiology [Jobs]
- Previous story: "My Veterinary Life" Podcast: Learn from Your Peers [Practice]