Position Announcement: Director of Swine Health Services (Vet II)
January 7, 2020 — Tyson Foods, Inc.
Tyson Foods Inc, the world's largest protein producer and the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500, is looking for a candidate to join our Pork Group Technical Services Department. This position will lead our veterinary services team and is responsible for all herd health programs, pathogen control and management, biosecurity risk analyses, and focusing on sow and grow/finish system improvements related to health, performance, and cost of production for the entire Tyson Live Swine system. This veterinarian will also oversee the field veterinary team of both Tyson employed and consulting veterinarians and be part of our senior leadership team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to farm visits in each regional location where Tyson swine are raised, strategic planning with the leadership team in Northwest Arkansas and ongoing program evaluation and improvement with existing veterinary team.
- Will work as part of Technical Services Department and in concert with Sow System and Grow/Finish System veterinarians and Operations personnel to ensure synchronized leadership from breeding to slaughter to ensure correct focus on opportunities to improve overall success of production system in health, performance, cost, profitability and quality.
- Will lead Secure Pork Supply and bio-security efforts and investigations with regard to disease control and subsequent process and protocol development focusing on protecting the health of our swine herds.
- Co-leading efforts to ensure worker safety, animal well-being, and food safety.
- Lead the design and execution of cooperative swine health related research efforts.
Please direct questions or inquiries to Jeremy Dickinson, VP Live Hogs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Go to www.tysonfoodscareers.com. Click the "Careers" pane and enter the "search for jobs" keyword "Veterinarian." "Veterinarian II" will appear in the "Result" at right. Click that link to see details and apply for Job ID# R0075609.
- Next story: Position Announcement: Associate Director Technical Services [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian (Vet I) [Jobs]
- Previous story: Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian (Vet I) [Jobs]