Position Announcement: Associate Director Technical Services
January 7, 2020 — Tyson Foods, Inc.
Tyson Foods Inc, the world's largest protein producer and the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500, is looking for a candidate to manage our Pork Group Technical Services Department. This position will lead and direct The Pork Group (TPG) Technical Services Team to achieve cutting-edge solution alternatives in areas as established with VP Live Hogs and other TPG Directors aligned with TPG metrics and Tyson's core values and cultural tenets.
- Provide nutritional and formulation expertise, solutions and support
- Provide statistical expertise including, but not limited to, research ideas, design, execution and statistical analysis
- Provide animal health, biosecurity support, Secure Pork Supply, and veterinary expertise and solutions
- Provide guidance and execution within TPG for animal welfare programs and staff plus act as TPG liaison to Tyson Office of Animal Well-being
- Provide genetic expertise and appropriate and defendable farm and other facility assessment functions
- Lead coordination and annual reporting of TPG sustainability efforts
- Be a strong liaison to technical vendors (Pharma, nutrition, genetic) with emphasis on priority focus areas and value creation via cooperative efforts and competitive pricing
- Provide coordination of customer satisfaction related to quality assurance and technical support
- Develop qualified and effective team members in all key positions.
- Education: Graduate degree; PhD in Swine Nutrition or DVM (food animal focus) preferred
- Experience: 15+ years' experience
- Computer skills: Standard computer skills required
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Supervisory: This position has direct reports
- Travel: 6-11 trips per year
Please direct questions or inquiries to Jeremy Dickinson, VP Live Hogs at email@example.com
Go to www.tysonfoods.com/careers. Click the "Careers" pane and enter the keyword "Assoc Dir Technical Services" into the search bar. "Assoc Dir Technical Services" will appear in the "Result" area. Click the blue position name link to see details and apply for job R0090124.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Next story: Raising Animals Without Antibiotics: U.S. Producer and Veterinarian Experiences and Opinions [Abs.]
- Next in category: Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian (Vet I) [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Director of Swine Health Services (Vet II) [Jobs]
- Previous story: Position Announcement: Director of Swine Health Services (Vet II) [Jobs]