Position Announcement: Assistant Professor, Swine Production Veterinarian
January 15, 2020 — Kansas State University
The Department of Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University invites applications for a full time, 12-month, tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level for a Swine Production Veterinarian. The position will be primarily focused on research (60-70% depending on the applicant) with the remainder of the appointment split between teaching and service/outreach.
We support diversity and inclusion
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community/.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead and support multidisciplinary and collaborative research on swine production issues that are critical to the swine industry, including in the areas of population medicine, feed safety, and applied swine nutrition
- Teach and train graduate, veterinary, and undergraduate students
- Provide service to external stakeholders and internal programs based on expertise in swine health and production
Required minimum qualifications
- DVM degree from an accredited College of Veterinary Medicine
- Immediate eligibility for a license to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Kansas is required
- PhD degree in animal or feed science, epidemiology, or related field
- Willingness and ability to effectively collaborate and communicate at multiple levels, with both internal and external partners, is critical
- Understanding of commercial swine production systems
- Experience working with industry and interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with production data management and applied statistics
- Demonstrated experience and capacity to establish research funding
- Direct and implement field trials as well as research with BSL-2 and/or BSL-3 pathogens
- Publish/communicate research results; particularly on swine nutrition, feed safety and population health research topics of importance to the swine industry
To apply, please submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent summarizing career goals, as well as research, teaching and outreach/service experiences, philosophy and proposed plans
- Names and contact information including e-mail addresses for at least three references
- To apply visit https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/508644/assistant-professor-swine-production-diagnostic-medicine-pathobiology
- Inquiries may be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. David Renter at email@example.com or 785-532-4801
Screening of applications
Review of applications will begin February 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
The starting date is negotiable, but preferably on or before August 1, 2020.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background screening statement
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
- Next story: Position Announcement: Director of the Sustainable Livestock Systems Collaborative [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Associate Director Technical Services [Jobs]
- Previous story: AASV Members: Sign up to Speed Network with Students in Atlanta [AASV]