Planning for Emergency Depopulation and Disposal Webinar Recording Available
April 27, 2020 —
The National Pork Board* hosted a webinar to provide producers with education on humane methods for emergency depopulation that meet American Veterinary Medical Association recommendations. Disposal considerations and tools were also be shared. The recording is now available.
- Dr. Dave Pyburn, National Pork Board
- Mark Rice, North Carolina State University
- Lori Miller, USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
Dr. Rice presented at the 2015 Pork Academy and this recording from his session may be beneficial to review before the webinar.
The National Pork Board continues to add resources to their toolbox for producers to help them manage the impact of COVID-19.
Find more resources, including farm crisis and animal welfare tools, on the AASV COVID-19 webpage.
*The National Pork Board does not advocate, endorse or suggest any particular course of conduct that may be covered in this webinar, which is purely for informational purposes given these pressing circumstances.
- Next story: Position Announcement: Director of Educational Services and Customer Success [Jobs]
- Next in category: Animal Growth Resources from the Iowa Pork Industry Center [Welfare]
- Previous in category: Recommendations for Farm Crisis Planning, Swine Welfare, and Depopulation [Welfare]
- Previous story: USDA APHIS Establishing Coordination Center to Assist Producers Affected by Meat Processing Plant Closures [USDA]