Question, Persuade, Refer Suicide Prevention Training Free for Veterinarians
May 13, 2020 —
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is offering additional sessions of the Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) suicide prevention training. Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade and refer someone to help.
Each on-line program will last for one hour. Those dates and times are as follows:
- Tuesday, May 12 at 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 13 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 14 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 19 at 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 20 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 20 at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, May 21 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 26 at 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 27 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 28 at 10 a.m.
Agribusiness professionals, agriculture lenders and bankers, veterinarians, vet techs, commodity group members and producers can register at NO cost for any of these programs. To register, go to https://www.extension.iastate.edu/humansciences/QPR. Unique URL Zoom links will be sent to registered participants prior to each program.
The AVMA also offers QPR training free to AVMA members here.
- Next story: Have you Purchased Your Copy of the New Swine Disease Manual? [AASV]
- Next in category: Mental Health Month -- Wellbeing Gatekeeper Training for Veterinarians: Learn to Identify and Refer At-Risk Colleagues, Clients [Hum.H.]
- Previous in category: Moving Pig Health to the Back Burner — If Only for a Moment [Hum.H.]
- Previous story: Moving Pig Health to the Back Burner — If Only for a Moment [Hum.H.]