Position Announcement: Staff Veterinarian, TriOak Foods
April 2, 2008 — TriOak Foods, Inc.
TriOak Foods, Inc. is seeking a full time swine veterinarian to serve as the system veterinarian for its Southeast Iowa and Western Illinois farrow to finish operations. Candidates must be eligible for licensure and federal accreditation in Iowa, Illinois and Missouri.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic vision and planning for health related objectives for the TriOak Foods production system, including short and long term disease prevention and control.
- Communicate and coordinate with other field (support) veterinarians working within the TriOak Foods system.
- Provide diagnostic and interpretive expertise for health challenges.
- Work with production managers to improve all phases of production within the system.
- Establish relationships with veterinarians at the local and state level to enhance production within the system.
- Achieve full licensure and accreditation within six months of date of hire.
- Maintain PQA+ certification, training and auditing programs.
- Maintain professional relationships with industry and University resources to leverage new knowledge in the TriOak Foods system.
- Evaluate new products, strategies and health interventions and develop specific protocols for implementing cost effective technologies.
TriOak Foods will provide:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Cost of continuing education and fees associated with state licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Company vehicle, travel expenses, and equipment associated with performance of this position.
- Company benefits, including health, disability, life, dental and vision insurance, vacation, bonus, and 401K with company match.
- Relocation assistance.
TriOak Foods is a family owned agriculture business with more than 50 years of growth in Southeast Iowa. TriOak is an integrated pork producer that values its close ties to local growers, pork producers, suppliers and processors. Valuable formal and informal relationships exist between TriOak Foods, private swine practitioners, and University resources to support the successful candidate.
- Next story: Armenia Recognized as ASF Positive [FAD]
- Next in category: Position Announcement: Staff Veterinarian, Premium Standard Farms [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Clinical Assistant Professor, Farm Animal Medicine and Surgery [Jobs]
- Previous story: Position Announcement: Clinical Assistant Professor, Farm Animal Medicine and Surgery [Jobs]