Position Announcement: Animal Well-Being Quality Assurance Manager
March 28, 2012 — The HANOR Company
Join The HANOR Company as an Animal Well-Being Quality Assurance Manager. We are excited to announce this new position within our veterinary team.
Specific job responsibilities are to oversee our Animal Well-Being program and further improve the program. Stay abreast of research and new technologies and processes in animal care and give recommendations on system improvements. Organize, facilitate, and direct the training of employees in PQA Plus, TQA, Animal Well-Being, and other animal care training.
Oversee and further define our Quality Assurance Program. Organize, facilitate and direct on-farm audits that evaluate the performance and delivery of operational processes. Further improve the effectiveness of the policies, SOP’s and process verification steps by reporting audit results and giving recommendations to improve compliance and increase expectations. Edit and revise the procedural documents and conduct training of these changes.
KEY TASKS (Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following):
- Go through training to become certified to provide and oversee training as an Animal Well-Being Instructor, PQA+ Advisor, TQA Advisor, and PAACO Trained Auditor.
- Plan, organize and help deliver training of Animal Well-Being, PQA+, TQA, and other animal care training throughout the company.
- Manage and oversee the duties carried out by the Animal Well-Being and Quality Assurance team members.
- Plan, organize and carry out internal audits, including the preparation of the audit plan, scheduling and assigning work as necessary, along with estimating resource needs.
- Develop an audit information record system and scoring system, routinely reporting summaries and results to management.
- Make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report findings and give recommendations on steps to improve compliance.
- Get professional media training to develop skills needed for correspondence to traditional and social media.
- Work with management to ensure all major risks are identified and analyzed.
- Add value by helping to outline steps for improving the farms’ performance through a systematic, disciplined approach.
- Oversee Animal Well-Being and Quality Assurance team members.
- Special interest in animal care and welfare.
- Good communication skills and desire to teach and train employees.
- Knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques and methods involved in conducting audits, or willingness to obtain training in this area.
- Knowledge of basic word processing and PowerPoint programs.
- Knowledge of computerized databases for audit results recording.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts for preparing and presenting oral and written reports.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff, communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Familiar with the production processes of swine farms, veterinary practices as related to swine farms, and feed milling as related to medication mixing procedures and mediated feed documentation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
DVM degree with special interest and/or experience in animal welfare; will consider an MS/PhD in Animal Welfare or equivalent with special interest and experience in swine or production animals.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For inquiries, please call (608)588-9170 Human Resources Extension.
- Next story: People on the Move: Dr. David Baum [AASV]
- Next in category: Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: US Veterinary Operations, Director - Pork [Jobs]
- Previous story: PRRS Corner: AASV PRRS Task Force Meets at the Annual Meeting [PRRS]