February 6, 2013 —
To get the latest information and insight about today’s sow-housing options, register for the 2013 Pork Checkoff Sow Housing Webinar series at http://www.pork.org/sowhousing pork.org/sowhousing. Set to begin March 26 at 1 p.m. (CT), the free, 45-minute webinars will feature top experts discussing:
|Group Housing Systems: Choices and Designs||Don Levis||March 26|
|Forming Sow Groups||Rob Knox||March 28|
|Floor-Space Allocation and Group Size||Harold Gonyou||April 2|
|Genetic Considerations||Ken Stalder||April 4|
|Feeding Practices||Joel DeRouchey||April 9|
|Prodction Flow and Management||Ron Bates||April 11|
|New and Conversion Construction||Jay Harmon||April 16|
|Economics of Sow-Housing Conversion||Steve McWilliams||April 18|
- After each presentation, participants will have the opportunity to ask the experts questions.
- Archived sessions and related fact sheets will be posted on http://www.pork.org/sowhousing for subsequent viewing.
- For more information on the webinars, contact Sherrie Niekamp, SNiekamp@pork.org, (515) 223-3533.
- For more information about sow housing, visit http://www.pork.org/sowhousing
- Next story: Turn $100 into $100,000 [AASV]
- Next in category: AVMA Publishes Euthanasia Guidelines [Welfare]
- Previous in category: Smithfield Foods Global Hog Production Operations Moving Toward Complete Conversion to Group Housing [Welfare]
- Previous story: Heightened Nutrition During Late Pregnancy Improves Piglet Health and Sow Longevity [Nutr.]