New Educational Resources - Needlestick Prevention Videos & Fact Sheets
November 11, 2015 —
Over 80% of farm workers have accidentally stuck themselves with a needle. This includes farmers and employees who work on swine or dairy farms. The Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center (UMASH) has new videos posted on YouTube in English or Spanish and each video discusses:
- Most common injuries associated with needlesticks
- Guidelines for correct use
- Products or biologics of most concern
- Proper disposal in approved sharps containers
- Steps to take if injured while injecting
Each video is an educational resource intended for farmers, farm employees, veterinarians, human resources training staff and those involved with worker health and safety training/education.
The videos can be used in conjunction with the fact sheets: Needlestick Prevention on the Farm and Needlestick Prevention for Producers and Veterinarians, which are available at Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center.
Additional videos on various agriculture safety related topics can be accessed on the U.S Agricultural Safety and Health Centers YouTube channel. [Source: Upper Midwest Agriculture Safety and Health Center]
- Next story: USDA Loan Repayment Awards $4.5 Million to Ensure Access to Veterinary Services in Rural Communities [News]
- Next in category: Ohio and Michigan Report H3N2v ‘Swine Flu’ Infections Linked to Pigs at Fairs [Hum.H.]
- Previous in category: OIE Experts Review Current Knowledge on Ebola Virus Disease [Hum.H.]
- Previous story: Effects of Group Housing after Weaning on Sow Welfare and Sexual Behavior [Abs.]