AASV Member Student Debt Relief Scholarship
The AASV Member Student Debt Relief Scholarship is awarded annually to a young swine veterinarian to offset a portion of his or her student loan debt. The intent is to relieve some of the burden associated with the significant financial cost of completing a veterinary medical education. This scholarship of $5000 is funded through the Conrad Schmidt and Family Endowment within the American Association of Swine Veterinarians Foundation.
The following criteria will be used to select the awardee:
- Joined AASV as a student enrolled in an AVMA-recognized college of veterinary medicine
- Attended the AASV Annual Meeting as a student
- Maintained continuous membership in AASV since graduation from veterinary school
- Is at least 2 years and at most 5 years post-graduation from veterinary school
- Has been engaged in private veterinary practice, 50% or more devoted to swine, providing on-farm service directly to independent pork producers. Veterinarians who work for production companies, pharmaceutical companies, or universities are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Has a significant student debt burden
The application form is available at www.aasv.org/foundation/DebtRelief.pdf. The application is a fillable pdf. You must download the form and use Adobe Reader or Acrobat to open, complete, and save the application form as DebtRelief_LastName_FirstName. Do NOT complete the application in your web browser window; the form will not save properly.
Applications are due January 31.
The scholarship will be awarded at the AASV Annual Meeting.