Thank you for agreeing to speak at the American Association of Swine Veterinarians 42nd annual meeting! The meeting is scheduled for March 5-8, 2011 at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. To facilitate your participation, please complete the following tasks:
1. Promptly return your speaker forms to the AASV office (830 26th Street, Perry, Iowa 50220):
a. Speaker Reimbursement Agreement (does not apply to Industrial Partners or Research Topics speakers)
b. Speaker Biography (does not apply to Industrial Partners or Student Seminar speakers)
2. Make your own travel and lodging arrangements, including any necessary hotel or airline reservations. The AASV does not make reservations for speakers, but we do have a room block rate at the meeting hotel ($239 per night). Please make your reservations as soon as possible.
Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
11111 North 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020
3. Submit your paper(s) for the proceedings book to the AASV by November 15, 2010. Please follow the Author Guidelines to format your paper, and submit both electronic and paper copies. Note, poster papers are limited to one page of text plus one table or figure. Industrial Partners oral papers are limited to 5 pages, including tables & figures.
4. A meeting registration packet will be mailed to you in late December. Please return your registration forms promptly.
5. Please advise the AASV (515-465-5255 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require audiovisual equipment in addition to the standard room setup, which consists of an LCD projector, screen, microphone, and podium. A laptop computer will be supplied by the session chair.
6. Prepare your audiovisual aids for presentation. The chairperson for your session will request your PowerPoint file in advance of the meeting in order to preload it onto the laptop being used for the session.
7. Speaker stipend checks are mailed following the meeting. If your speaker agreement included the reimbursement of travel expenses, you will receive a reimbursement request form in your registration packet at the meeting. Please complete and return the form with your receipts to the AASV office after the meeting to obtain reimbursement.
8. Please contact the AASV with any questions that arise: Phone 515-465-5255, Fax 515-465-3832, E-mail email@example.com.
Thank you for your assistance with these preparations! We are looking forward to your participation!