Thank you for agreeing to speak at the American Association of Swine Veterinarians 43rd annual meeting! The meeting is scheduled for March 10-13, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Denver in Denver, Colorado. To facilitate your participation, please complete the following tasks:
1. Promptly return the speaker forms you received to the AASV office (830 26th Street, Perry, Iowa 50220):
a. Speaker Reimbursement Agreement (does not apply to Industrial Partners or Research Topics speakers)
b. Speaker Biography (does not apply to Industrial Partners or Student Seminar speakers)
2. Make your own travel and lodging arrangements, including any necessary hotel or airline reservations. The AASV does not make reservations for speakers, but we do have a room block rate at the meeting hotel ($159 per night). The AASV room block has a habit of filling early; please make your reservations as soon as possible.
3. Submit your paper(s) for the proceedings book to the AASV by November 15, 2011. Please follow the Author Guidelines to format your paper. Please, do not send files or figures for your paper that have been generated by, converted from, or copied and pasted out of PowerPoint.
Papers for ALL poster presentations are limited to one page of text plus one table or figure.
Papers for Industrial Partners oral presentations are limited to 5 pages, including tables & figures.
4. The meeting program and registration materials will be mailed to you in late December. Please return your registration forms promptly.
5. Please advise the AASV (515-465-5255 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require audiovisual equipment in addition to the standard room setup, which consists of an LCD projector, screen, microphone, and podium. A laptop computer will be supplied by the session chair.
6. Prepare your audiovisual aids for presentation. The chairperson for your session will request your PowerPoint file in advance of the meeting in order to preload it onto the laptop being used for the session. Your PowerPoint presentation should conclude with a slide outlining the “take home” message(s) of your presentation for practitioners.
7. Speaker stipend checks are mailed following the meeting. If your speaker agreement includes the reimbursement of travel expenses, you will receive a reimbursement request form in your registration packet at the meeting. Please complete and return the form with your receipts to the AASV office after the meeting to obtain reimbursement.
8. Please contact the AASV with any questions that arise: Phone 515-465-5255, Fax 515-465-3832, E-mail email@example.com.
Thank you for your assistance with these preparations! We are looking forward to your participation!