Archived stories will be available at this page.
- March 26, 2019 — Got Suggestions? [AASV]
If you attended the 50th AASV Annual Meeting in Orlando, thank you! We hope it was an enjoyable and productive meeting for you. Please help us improve future AASV meetings by providing your comments...
- March 26, 2019 — Position Announcement: Genetic Herd Veterinarian [Jobs]
The Maschhoffs seeks a genetic herd veterinarian, based in southern Illinois. Job Duties and Accountabilities Monitor health and surveillance programs for TML's internal genetic operations and...
- March 25, 2019 — Phibro Animal Health Makes $25,000 Endowment Match -- Again! [AASV]
For the third year of its four-year commitment, Phibro Animal Health is contributing $25,000 to the AASV Foundation endowment, thanks in part to strong giving by AASV members. In 2016, the company...
- March 22, 2019 — PEDV Diagnosed at Oklahoma Youth Expo According to Oklahoma Pork Council [An.H.]
Please be aware there has been a diagnosis of PED virus at the Oklahoma Youth Expo. Several pigs have become ill and we assume most pigs that were at the show or are there now have been exposed....
- March 22, 2019 — USDA Provides Tips for International Travelers to Help Keep African Swine Fever Out of the United States [FAD]
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Under Secretary for Marketing and Regulatory Programs, Greg Ibach, alerts international travelers of a deadly swine disease that they could unknowingly...
- March 22, 2019 — USDA Provides Information for Producers and Veterinarians to Help Guard Against African Swine Fever Through Sound Biosecurity and Disease Reporting [FAD]
- March 20, 2019 — 2019 Pig Welfare Symposium—Call for Scientific Poster Abstracts [Conf.]
- March 20, 2019 — USDA Continues to Prevent African Swine Fever from Entering the U.S.: Provides New Resources to Raise Awareness of the Deadly Disease [Gov.]
- March 20, 2019 — When Emergency Situations Call for Difficult Decisions: AVMA's Guidelines for the Depopulation of Animals [Welfare]
- March 20, 2019 — New Time: APHIS and NRCS to Host April 5th Joint Listening Session on Feral Swine Farm Bill Provision [Gov.]
- March 20, 2019 — SHIC Helps Uncover Risk for ASF Introduction into the US via Air Passengers’ Luggage [FAD]
- March 20, 2019 — NPPC Statement on Illegal Pork Seizure [Ind.]
- March 20, 2019 — Foreign Animal Disease Preparation Bulletin [FAD]
- March 20, 2019 — Foot-and-Mouth Disease: USDA's Efforts to Prepare for a Potential Outbreak Could Be Strengthened [FAD]
- March 20, 2019 — A Review of Swine Transportation Research on Priority Welfare Issues: A Canadian Perspective [Abs.]
- March 20, 2019 — Veterinary Biologics Training Program Registration Open [Conf.]
- March 20, 2019 — People on the Move: Dr. Julie Funk [AASV]
- March 20, 2019 — Doc Tales [OP-ED]
- March 19, 2019 — Emergency Preparedness and Response Training Opportunity: African Swine Fever Communications and Messaging [FAD]
- March 19, 2019 — Position Announcement: Genetic Herd Veterinarian [Jobs]
- March 15, 2019 — Chelsea Stewart Receives Inaugural Student Debt Relief Scholarship [AASV]
- March 15, 2019 — Foundation Honors Henry with Prestigious Heritage Award [AASV]
- March 15, 2019 — AASV Foundation Announces Recipient of Hogg Scholarship [AASV]
- March 15, 2019 — AASV Foundation Funds Three Research Proposals [AASV]
- March 14, 2019 — SMECast Swine Medicine Talk to Feature Dr. Cassandra Jones on March 27 [AASV]
- March 14, 2019 — 2019 Recipients of Awards for Advancing Research in Respiratory Disease to Focus on Filling Knowledge Gaps in PRRS, Mhp [Research]
- March 14, 2019 — AASV Proceedings Online [AASV]
- March 13, 2019 — How Did You Like This Year's Annual Meeting? [AASV]
- March 13, 2019 — NPPC Offers Veterinary Student Externships [Students]
- March 13, 2019 — Thank You, AASV Annual Meeting Sponsors! [AASV]