Archived stories will be available at this page.
- August 31, 2016 — AASV Office Closed for Labor Day [AASV]
The AASV office will be closed on Monday September 5th in observance of the Labor Day holiday. The office will re-open on Tuesday morning. We hope you and your family enjoy the end-of-summer holiday!...
- August 31, 2016 — Butch Baker Seeks New Blood [AASV]
Last spring, when Butch Baker agreed to chair the AASV Foundation Auction Committee, he didn't know that a few long-time committee members would be retiring. But that hasn't dampened his enthusiasm -...
- August 31, 2016 — FSIS to Begin Posting Location-Specific Food Safety Data Online [Food]
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) today announced that it will soon begin sharing new levels of food safety data specific to slaughter and...
- August 31, 2016 — Zoetis to Sponsor Postgraduate Research Fellowship at Iowa State University [News]
A study at Iowa State University may give pork producers new insights on how to manage the Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS). A postgraduate fellow, sponsored by Zoetis, will work...
- August 31, 2016 — NA-PRRS Symposium Abstract Submissions Due September 1 [Conf.]
Abstract submissions for the 2016 North American PRRS Symposium (NA-PRRS) Emerging and Foreign Animal Diseases are due September 1st. The meeting, held in conjunction with NC229 and the Conference of...
- August 31, 2016 — Passion for Pigs Brings "Choose Success" Tour to Orange City Sept 15 [Conf.]
- August 31, 2016 — U.S. Pork Producers and Veterinarians Keeping on Top of Seneca Valley Virus [News]
- August 31, 2016 — Protection against Henipaviruses in Swine Requires Both, Cell-Mediated and Humoral Immune Response [Abs.]
- August 31, 2016 — Celebrate 50 Years of Protecting Animals with APHIS [USDA]
- August 31, 2016 — People on the Move: Dr. Jess Waddell [AASV]
- August 30, 2016 — Golfers tee off to support AASV Foundation [AASV]
- August 30, 2016 — Position Announcement: Lecturer in Swine Health and Production Medicine [Jobs]
- August 30, 2016 — Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian [Jobs]
- August 30, 2016 — Position Announcement: Staff Veterinarian [Jobs]
- August 26, 2016 — Evaluation of an Electrostatic Particle Ionization Technology for Decreasing Airborne Pathogens in Pigs [Abs.]
- August 24, 2016 — Wanted: A Few Good Tips [AASV]
- August 24, 2016 — Call for Abstracts: AASV Student Seminar and Veterinary Student Scholarships [AASV]
- August 24, 2016 — Molecular Detection and Genome Characterization of Porcine Circovirus Type 2 in Rats Captured on Commercial Swine Farms [Abs.]
- August 24, 2016 — Maternally-Derived Antibodies do not Prevent Transmission of Swine Influenza A Virus Between Pigs [Abs.]
- August 24, 2016 — Simulating the Epidemiological and Economic Effects of an African Swine Fever Epidemic in Industrialized Swine Populations [Abs.]
- August 24, 2016 — Secretary's Advisory Committee on Animal Health; Meeting [USDA]
- August 24, 2016 — SHIC Makes Progress on Rapid Response Corps Project [Ind.]
- August 24, 2016 — Influenza Resources Available for Swine Exhibitions [Hum.H.]
- August 24, 2016 — Causes, Consequences and Biomarkers of Stress in Swine: an Update [Welfare]
- August 23, 2016 — Call for Submissions: AASV Industrial Partners [AASV]
- August 23, 2016 — People on the Move: Dr. Carmen Alonso [AASV]
- August 23, 2016 — Position Announcement: Staff Veterinarian [Jobs]
- August 18, 2016 — AASV Opens Room Block in Denver [AASV]
- August 17, 2016 — Golf for the Foundation on August 25 [AASV]
- August 17, 2016 — Call for Abstracts: AASV Student Seminar and Veterinary Student Scholarships [AASV]