Archived stories will be available at this page.
- January 17, 2020 — Debt Relief Scholarship Applications Due January 31 [AASV]
For the second year, the AASV Foundation will award a $5000 scholarship to an AASV member engaged in private practice who is between 2 and 5 years post-graduation from veterinary school and who...
- January 17, 2020 — Application Deadline Jan 31 for PIC Swine Veterinary Externship Program [Students]
PIC North America offers a limited number of two-week externships for veterinary students committed to swine production medicine. Current third year students are encouraged to apply. Applications are...
- January 17, 2020 — Application Deadline Jan 31 for Veterinary Student Internship with Seaboard Foods [Students]
Seaboard Foods, an integrated pork production company (100% swine), www.seaboardfoods.com, is offering paid/stipend 8-12 week summer internships to 1st-3rd year veterinary students. Housing may be...
- January 17, 2020 — Genetic Diversity of Influenza A Viruses Circulating in Pigs Between Winter and Summer in a Minnesota Live Animal Market [Abs.]
There has been little surveillance of influenza A viruses (IAVs) circulating in swine at live animal markets, particularly in the United States. To address this gap, we conducted active surveillance...
- January 17, 2020 — Implementation of PRRSV Status Classification System in Swine Breeding Herds from a Large Integrated Group in Spain [Abs.]
BACKGROUND: Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS) is an endemic swine disease causing significant productive and economic losses. Knowledge of PRRS epidemiology is crucial to develop...
- January 16, 2020 — APHIS Announces Progress in Implementing 2018 Farm Bill Programs [News]
- January 15, 2020 — AASV Candidates for Vice President: Drs. Brent Pepin and Mike Senn [AASV]
- January 15, 2020 — Director Nominations Sought in 4 AASV Districts; Due Jan 24 [AASV]
- January 15, 2020 — AASV Exhibit Opportunities Still Available [AASV]
- January 15, 2020 — Save the Date: 9th International Conference on Emerging Zoonoses [Conf.]
- January 15, 2020 — IPVS2020: Early Bird Registration and Abstract Submission End Jan 31 [Conf.]
- January 15, 2020 — SHIC Funding for SHMP Capacity Building Detailed in Final Report [An.H.]
- January 15, 2020 — "My Veterinary Life" AVMA Website for Early Career Veterinarians [Practice]
- January 15, 2020 — Prioritizing Well-being at the Institutional Level [Hum.H.]
- January 15, 2020 — Public Health Implications of African Swine Fever in Asia [Abs.]
- January 15, 2020 — Position Announcement: Director of the Sustainable Livestock Systems Collaborative [Jobs]
- January 15, 2020 — Position Announcement: Assistant Professor, Swine Production Veterinarian [Jobs]
- January 14, 2020 — AASV Members: Sign up to Speed Network with Students in Atlanta [AASV]
- January 14, 2020 — Apply for Hogg Scholarship by January 31 [AASV]
- January 14, 2020 — AASV Foundation Requests Research Proposals; Due January 17 [AASV]
- January 14, 2020 — Detection of Salmonella-specific Antibody in Swine Oral Fluids [Abs.]
- January 14, 2020 — Position Announcement: Associate Director Technical Services [Jobs]
- January 14, 2020 — Position Announcement: Director of Swine Health Services (Vet II) [Jobs]
- January 14, 2020 — Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian (Vet I) [Jobs]
- January 10, 2020 — Early Career Committee Call Jan 17 [AASV]
- January 10, 2020 — AASV Influenza Committee Survey: Please Share Your Thoughts with Us! [An.H.]
- January 10, 2020 — January Domestic Swine Disease Monitoring Report Now Available [An.H.]
- January 10, 2020 — January Declared National One Health Awareness Month [News]
- January 10, 2020 — Swine Veterinary Internship Program Application Deadline Jan 20 [Students]
- January 9, 2020 — PRRS Projects: Participation Invitation [An.H.]