Archived stories will be available at this page.
- May 22, 2019 — 2019 Pig Welfare Symposium—Call for Scientific Poster Abstracts [Conf.]
The National Pork Board is pleased to offer a scientific poster session as part of the 2019 Pig Welfare Symposium to be held November 13-15, 2019 at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center. The...
- May 22, 2019 — Joint Statement from the Chief Veterinary Officers of Canada and the United States [USDA]
Today, United States Chief Veterinary Officer (CVO), Dr. Jack Shere working in collaboration with the Canada's CVO, Dr. Jaspinder Komal, issued the following statement: We are pleased to announce...
- May 22, 2019 — Foreign Animal Disease Preparation Bulletin [FAD]
Read the latest Foreign Animal Disease Preparation Bulletin brought to you by the Pork Checkoff, in collaboration with the National Pork Producers Council, Swine Health Information Center, USDA, and...
- May 22, 2019 — Free African Swine Fever Posters from the National Pork Board [Ind.]
A poster to help producers and veterinarians recognize African swine fever clinical signs is available at no cost from the National Pork Board ....
- May 22, 2019 — 2019 Podcast Series: Jorge Garrido Mantilla - PRRS and Influenza A virus: Is the sow's milk infective?
Catarina Benavides interviewed Dr. Jorge Garrido Mantilla who delves into his experimentation with the spread of PRRS and Influenza A virus from nurse sows to adopted piglets. His research took an...
- May 22, 2019 — Doc Tales [OP-ED]
- May 21, 2019 — Mental Health Month: Agribusiness Often First to See Mental Health Challenges on Farm [Hum.H.]
- May 21, 2019 — AVMA Volunteer Opportunity: Director of International Affairs [AASV]
- May 21, 2019 — ’19 Pork Master Scott Dee: Protecting Our U.S. Pork Population [News]
- May 21, 2019 — British Veterinarian Group Updates Policy on Antimicrobials in Food-Animals [Pharm.]
- May 21, 2019 — PCV3-associated Disease in the United States Swine Herd [Abs.]
- May 21, 2019 — Position Announcement: Senior Swine Veterinarian [Jobs]
- May 21, 2019 — Position Announcement: Senior Technical Support Manager, Swine [Jobs]
- May 20, 2019 — A Review of the Animal Disease Outbreaks and Biosecure Animal Mortality Composting Systems [Abs.]
- May 17, 2019 — 2019 Podcast Series: Jon De Jong [AASV]
- May 16, 2019 — USDA Enhances ASF Surveillance Efforts [USDA]
- May 15, 2019 — Mental Health Month: Certification for Wellbeing in the Veterinary Workplace from AVMA [Conf.]
- May 15, 2019 — New Editions of Veterinary Immunology and Vaccinology Online Courses from the Center for Food Security and Public Health [Conf.]
- May 15, 2019 — AASV Members Receive Research Awards at Iowa State University [AASV]
- May 15, 2019 — US Customs and Border Protection Responds to Reports About Lack of Secondary Screening [FAD]
- May 15, 2019 — SHIC-Funded Study Demonstrates Transfer of Livestock Trailer Contamination to Barns [An.H.]
- May 15, 2019 — VT Feral Swine Captured Tests Positive for Pseudorabies [An.H.]
- May 15, 2019 — ASF Vaccine Test Successful [FAD]
- May 15, 2019 — Stage of Gestation at Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus Infection of Pregnant Swine Impacts Maternal Immunity and Lactogenic Immune Protection of Neonatal Suckling Piglets [Abs.]
- May 14, 2019 — Revised JSHAP Author Guidelines Now Available [AASV]
- May 14, 2019 — Position Announcement: Senior Swine Veterinarian [Jobs]
- May 14, 2019 — Position Announcement: Senior Technical Support Manager, Swine [Jobs]
- May 9, 2019 — USDA APHIS Launches Interactive Map to Help Livestock Producers Obtain Premises Identification Numbers or Location Identifiers [Gov.]
- May 8, 2019 — May is Mental Health Month [AASV]
- May 8, 2019 — AASV President Nathan Winkelman Receives the Allen D. Leman Science in Practice Award [AASV]