Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian (Vet I)
December 31, 2019 — Tyson Foods, Inc.
Tyson Foods Inc, the world's largest protein producer and the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500, is looking for a Veterinarian to join our Pork Group Technical Services team. This position is responsible for focusing on system improvements related to health, performance, and cost of production for our Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois nursery, finisher, and wean-to-finish production sites. This veterinarian will monitor health and provide recommendations on vaccination and treatment programs to production personnel. Additionally, he or she will provide diagnostic support on presence and stage of disease in pigs, and probable source of contamination or infection. Subsequent development of most effective, cost competitive medication (preventative and therapeutic), vaccination and management strategies for each flow and location would occur. Activities include but are not limited to farm visits and process execution assessments, on-farm training, protocol development, training and education, animal posting, and slaughter checks.
- Will work as part of Technical Services Department and in concert with Sow System veterinarians to ensure synchronized focus from breeding to slaughter to ensure correct focus on opportunities to improve overall success of production system in health, performance, cost, profitability and quality.
- Will lead bio-security efforts and investigations with regard to disease control and subsequent process and protocol development focusing on protecting the health of our swine herds.
- Collaboratively developing improved processes around production management, health management, Secure Pork Supply, and biosecurity
- Conducting farm assessments and evaluations and assisting in training personnel on proper animal husbandry practices.
The successful candidate will need to reside in the Indiana/Western Ohio area.
Please direct questions or inquiries to Jeremy Dickinson, VP Live Hogs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and requires licensure or willingness to obtain licensure in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Oklahoma and potentially other states.
Experience: Three years plus related experience beyond veterinary college.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) required.
Communication Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills. Travel: 24 or more domestic trips per year.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have direct reports.
Special Skills: A thorough understanding of diseases and disorders detrimental to the welfare of swine.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Go to www.tysonfoodscareers.com. Click the "Careers" button, then click the "search for jobs" and enter the keyword "Veterinarian" to access and apply for Job ID# R0086445.
- Next story: Position Announcement: Director of Swine Health Services (Vet II) [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Tenure-track Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Veterinary Epidemiology [Jobs]
- Previous story: Position Announcement: Tenure-track Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Veterinary Epidemiology [Jobs]