Position Announcement: Wean to Market Business Unit Veterinarian
February 15, 2012 — The Maschhoff's
The Business Unit Veterinarian is responsible for supporting systems-based decisions as a liaison to the Wean-to-Market (WTM) production unit, providing technical expertise in health management including biosecurity; disease identification, prevention, control and treatment; regulatory and food safety requirements; and shares in fiduciary responsibility for health decisions. The role supports implementation of the Health Services (HS) vision by providing tactical direction through training and deployment of a team of Herd Veterinarians and Veterinary Assistants performing Health Services. Services include reviewing evidence and making socially and fiscally responsible recommendations to WTM production leaders on intervention options based on sound science. The leader ensures transparency of health information to all stakeholders through the development and maintenance of electronic health monitoring tools. The role will maintain routine communication with the WTM leadership monitoring WTM and HS performance while seeking customer service feedback. Success requires routine communication with the HS Director providing updates on health strategy efficacy, identified threats to WTM health management and performance of Herd Veterinarian and Veterinary Assistant teams.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Select, train and calibrate Herd Veterinarians and Veterinary Assistants to perform HS Site Visits through regular field
- Build an effective WTM HS team through active goal setting of the Herd Veterinarian and Veterinary Assistant team, monitoring performance and providing regular feedback via performance management
Sustainably Improve WTM Health Metrics
- Responsible for implementation of HS business unit level strategy and tactics with accountability for target metrics
- Maintain routine communication with the WTM Director and Associate Directors monitoring WTM and HS performance while seeking feedback on health management execution and divisional customer service
Provide Technical Expertise to WTM in Health Management
- Work in a spirit of partnership with WTM leadership to provide timely, science-based recommendations to its short- and long-term health management strategy while
- Ensure TML compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and laws governing animal health and veterinary procedures in WTM
- DVM Degree from an accredited veterinary college and the ability to obtain licensure and USDA accreditation in IL, IN, MO, OK, GA, AL, NE and IA.
- 3-5 years experience in:
- Swine medicine, regulatory compliance and disease prevention.
- Making socially and fiscally responsible recommendations to WTM production leaders on intervention options preventing, controlling and treating disease which are based on sound science
- Experience in personnel management is preferred.
- Veterinary medicine practices, principles and policies
- Industry standard practices of:
- Swine Health Management (preferred)
- Food Safety
- Regulatory Compliance
To apply, or refer someone for this opportunity, visit www.TheMaschhoffsJobs.com and search for Requisition #6802. For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Todd Kortkamp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-594-0328.
- Next story: AASV Veterinarians - Sign up to "Speed Interview" Students in Denver [AASV]
- Next in category: Position Announcement: JSHAP Executive Editor [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Associate Veterinarian, Swine [Jobs]
- Previous story: Position Announcement: Associate Veterinarian, Swine [Jobs]