Position Announcement: Veterinarian
April 18, 2012 — Christensen Farms
Christensen Farms, a progressive, family-owned swine business located in the Midwest, is one of the top three producers in the United States, with operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, Colorado and South Dakota. A leader in food production for more than 25 years, Christensen Farms is an organization that offers an ever-evolving, highly collaborative and challenging work environment. We believe in hiring talented people to help us in our mission to deliver a high quality, safe and wholesome pork product to consumers while giving each of our employees the opportunity to be a part of an outstanding and professional work setting.
We are seeking an experienced veterinarian to lead our existing team in Minnesota. This position will work closely with the Operations Director to develop strategies and process oriented approaches to maintain and improve herd health. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work in all phases of swine production. The ability to work in a team-oriented culture with a high level of expectation around communication and effective implementation is critical to the success of the individual in this position.
- Effectively implement health management programs including training and follow-through.
- Provide diagnostic analysis
- Provide leadership in the innovation of health and production practices
- Create effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Contribute and be accountable for the improvement of production system results
The position requires a DVM and 5+ years in swine veterinary practice.
Christensen Farms offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Next story: Non-Nutritional Impacts on Feed Efficiency [Practice]
- Next in category: Position Announcement: Head of Veterinary Services [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian [Jobs]
- Previous story: Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian [Jobs]